June 25, 2010

government treats smokers as enemies?

Penelope has endured ten years of victimization from anti-smoking fanatics, and she believes that life under the Islamist Taliban in Afghanistan cannot be much worse than it is for her and other fellow citizens who smoke, and wonders why her government is treating smokers as enemies.

"I can appreciate that the Islamists and the anti-smokers truly believe in the barrow they are pushing," says Penelope, "but they don't ever seem to question the propaganda that feeds their cause. They just accept it as if it were an incontrovertible truth and repeat it so often that they sound like parrots."

"I am prepared to listen to the arguments the government puts forward about cancer, passive smoking and everything else -- I don't have much choice, really, when it's pushed into my face every day," says Penelope, "but I cannot in all seriousness accept all of it.”

“Most of it has been discredited and while I don't mean to be disrespectful, something that makes me feel so good cannot be all bad. It's as simple as that."

"It's a pity they are not prepared to listen to what smokers have to say," sighs Penelope, 'but brainwashed fanatics are, by definition, incapable of seeing both sides of an issue so I don't bother trying any more."

"Frankly, after putting up with the anti-smoking terrorists at home for ten years, I fail to see how life under the Taliban could be very much worse," says Penelope. "In fact, it would be a lot easier to accept being terrorized by them because they're not the same race and religion as myself -- as my current intimidators and torturers are."

“Now I know how the Jews felt in Nazi Germany,” says Penelope. “I feel like a non-citizen in my own country.”

Read more from Penelope on this subject:

  • brainwashed anti-smoking terrorists
  • brainwashing v education
  • tobacco war doing better than terror war!








  • Labels: , , , , , , ,